Some items award a hero with experience, namely:
- Bounty Rune Double Damage Haste Illusion Invisibility Regeneration Bounty Arcane See more: Runes#List Bounty Play AbilityNo Target AffectsSelf Grants bonus Gold and XP. Initial Base Gold: 100Initial Base - BountyExperience Gain: 50 + 5 per minute
- Hand of Midas For the character from Dota 2 lore, see Midas. Item Changelogs Hand of MidasB Preserved through unknown magical means, the Hand of Midas is a weapon of greed, sacrificing animals to - TransmuteExperience Gain: 175% of the creep`s experience bounty
- Tome of Knowledge Item Changelogs Tome of KnowledgeB That which raises beast to man and man to god. Cost150 Bought FromConsumables Active Acquire Knowledge Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe Tome of Knowledge is - Acquire KnowledgeExperience Gain: 500 (+135 per each Tome consumed by allies)
|Main||Changelogs Experience Changelogs Version history edit] Version Description 7.05 XP required to go from level 20 to 25 reduced from 10895 to 10000 ?] 7.03 XP Required to go from level 1|
Experience allows heroes to level up, which makes them stronger and allows them to learn new abilities. Experience is earned by being within a 1300 range radius of a dying enemy unit. It takes increasingly more experience to level up as a hero`s level progresses. Units can be denied “ Play Denied! Click to listen— Juggernaut ” Denying is the act of preventing enemy heroes from getting the last hit on a friendly unit by last hitting the unit oneself. Enemies earn reduced experience if the by other allied units to reduce the experience given from dying.
- The 7.22 Experience (Get 10% off Ridge Wallets with)
- KyrX Vlog : DotA2 TI8 Finals Experience (It was a pretty inactive exper)
Each hero starts the match at level 1, with one ability point to spend. A hero levels by acquiring a certain amount of experience. When a hero levels, its attributes get increased according to that hero`s individual attribute bonuses, and it gains an ability point. The ability point can be spent on an ability which has not been maxed out, or on a Talent Main Table of Gained Bonuses The Talent Selection interface. Talents are traits unique to each hero. They are chosen every 5th level starting at level 10, offering a permanent choice between . Ability points do not need to be spent immediately, a hero can level up multiple times while saving the ability points.
The amount of experience required to level up is generally equal to the upcoming hero level * 100. For instance, to increase a hero`s level from 1 to 2 a hero requires 240 experience points, while leveling up from 24 to 25 requires 2695 experience points. There are a few exceptions for some levels in the 6⃢₀ₓ23 range to allow mid-game heroes to peak slightly earlier.
|Hero level||Total experience required to reach level||Experience required for next level|
When an enemy unit dies, experience is granted and divided among all allied heroes in a 1300 range.
- Experience is granted by almost all units: heroes Main Mechanics Attributes Table Release Dates Grid Layout Heroes are the essential element of Dota 2, as the course of the match is dependent on their intervention. During , creeps Creeps are basic units in Dota 2. Every unit which is not a hero, building, ward or courier is considered a creep. Creeps can belong to either faction, be neutral, or be player-controlled units. Unlike , summons This page is about in-game units. For cosmetic pets, see Summoned Unit. Summons are a type of units that are created with spells. Players do not encounter them, unless they play as, with or against and wards This page is about in-game units. For cosmetic pets, see Summoned Unit. Summons are a type of units that are created with spells. Players do not encounter them, unless they play as, with or against . Buildings Buildings are special units that are immune to most spells, use structure armor, and are immobile. Destroying a building rewards you with a bounty, similar to most creeps or heroes. Destroying towers rewards the entire do not grant experience.
- Denying a hero (for instance, by committing suicide) grants no experience (nor gold) to the enemy. This also applies when killed by neutrals.
- More generally, denying “ Play Denied! Click to listen— Juggernaut ” Denying is the act of preventing enemy heroes from getting the last hit on a friendly unit by last hitting the unit oneself. Enemies earn reduced experience if the a player-controlled unit (like a summon This page is about in-game units. For cosmetic pets, see Summoned Unit. Summons are a type of units that are created with spells. Players do not encounter them, unless they play as, with or against or a dominated unit) grants no experience to the enemy.
- Denying a non-player-controlled unit (lane creeps) grants 70% of its experience bounty to the enemy, and the remaining 30% to the denying team.
- Non-player-controlled units killed by neutrals grant 70% of their experience to the enemy team, and 0% to their allied team.
- Neutrals Neutral creeps are a type of creep not controlled by any player. They are aligned to neither of the teams, and offer an alternative source of gold and experience. Neutral creeps appear in small camps ` deaths grant experience to any nearby hero, no matter the team that gets the last-hit Play “A murky mess.” This page has been marked for general cleanup. Please see Dota 2 Wiki style guide for information on how to improve this article. Contents 1 Last-hitting 2 Denying 3 Attack animations and .
- A hero cannot earn experience while dead.
- Hero kills award experience to the killer at any range (no matter how far away they are).
- Any kills made by summoned units like Treants Treant Summon Level 2 Duration 60 Health 550 ( 1100) Health regeneration 0.5 Armor 0 Magic resistance 0% Attack damage 34‒38 ( 70‒74) Acquisition range 500 Attack range 100 Base attack time 1.75 Attack animation or Spirit Bear Spirit Bear Creep-Hero Level 7 Duration Permanent Health 1400/1800/2300/2700 Health regeneration 2/3/4/5 Mana 300 Mana regeneration 0.5 Armor 3/4/5/6 ( 15/16/17/18) Magic resistance 0% ( 50%) Attack damage 35/45/55/65 ( 85/95/105/115) Acquisition range 500 Attack reward experience to their owner at any range.
- Heroes take their share of experience even after level 25, even though they cannot use it.
- Each Meepo Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Meepo 23 + 1.6 23 + 2.2 20 + clone counts as a hero for the purposes of gaining and dividing experience.
- Experience (and gold) are awarded independently of the assist counter on the scoreboard, which only counts if a hero dealt damage, and ignores proximity to the dying hero. This means a hero only gets assist gold and experience when within range of a dying enemy hero, even when it did not contribute to the kill in any way.
When an enemy hero is killed, allied heroes within range receive an experience reward, split up into two parts: killing experience and assist experience. Killing experience is based on the level of the killed hero, and assist experience is based on the experience difference between the teams.
When an enemy hero dies, an experience reward is divided equally among allied heroes in range. The killer receives the reward even if he is not in range. The formula awards total experience as follows:
|Killed hero`s level||Experience awarded|
If `x` is the level of the killed hero, the amount of experience gained (f(x)) is:
- For levels 1⃢₀ₓ5: f(x) = 20(x + 4); f(1) = 100
- For levels 6 and further: f(x) = f(x - 1) + 100; f(5) = 180
Or it can combine them into one formula: f(x) = (20x + 80) H(5.5 - x) + (100x - 320) H(x - 5.5)
When an enemy hero dies, allied heroes within 1300 range receive an experience reward. The formula (for each hero) is as follows:
|Assisting heroes||Experience awarded|
|1 Hero||(20 ⃗ Dying Hero`s Level) + (0.138 ⃗ Dying Hero`s XP x XP Difference)|
|2 Heroes||(15 ⃗ Dying Hero`s Level) + (0.138 ⃗ Dying Hero`s XP x XP Difference)|
|3 Heroes||(10 ⃗ Dying Hero`s Level) + (0.12 ⃗ Dying Hero`s XP x XP Difference)|
|4 Heroes||(7 ⃗ Dying Hero`s Level) + (0.09 ⃗ Dying Hero`s XP x XP Difference)|
|5 Heroes||(5 ⃗ Dying Hero`s Level) + (0.072 ⃗ Dying Hero`s XP x XP Difference)|
XP Difference is defined as
(EnemyTeamXP - AlliedTeamXP) / (EnemyTeamXP + AlliedTeamXP) and has a minimum of zero.
|750 + 20*min|
- Experience range is 1300. All opposing heroes in that area gain experience from the kill. The experience is divided equally among them.
- Heroes that are in a 1300 range of a dying enemy hero will be granted an amount of experience, depending on the number of allied heroes in range.
- Any hero kill done outside of this 1300 area grants experience to the killer.
- Kills made by units under a hero`s control are counted as being made by the hero.
- Heroes continue to take a portion of experience even when they reach level 25.
- Denying an allied unit does not grant you experience.
- When a neutral creep is killed their experience is shared with all heroes from both teams within range.
- If ownership of a unit changes due to conversion, and it has a ranged projectile mid-flight, the projectile can potentially deal lethal damage to its owner, resulting in a deny.
A hero levels up by acquiring experience points from enemies (including Creeps, Towers, and summoned units) that die nearby. Experience is very important as it grants levels to the hero which in turn are used to acquire powerful spells, abilities and talents, and increase the hero`s stats. The maximum level is 25.
Whenever a hero kills an ally it counts as a deny. When a deny is performed an exclamation mark appears over the denied unit. A denied unit gives reduced experience and no gold to the enemy.
Heroes can only target allied creeps if they are at 50% health or lower. A denied creep gives 50% of its experience bounty to the enemy.
Any unit killed by a Neutral Creep is denied. Lane Creeps killed by neutrals give 50% experience. Heroes killed by neutrals give 0% experience.
Denied summons grant no experience or gold. Summons that die by timing out or due to summoning new ones also do not grant experience or gold.
Denied heroes grant no experience or gold.
Heroes can only be denied if they are at 25% health or lower and under the effect of one of the following skills:
- Venomancer`s Venomous Gale
- Queen of Pain`s Shadow Strike
- Doom`s Doom
At 50% health or lower:
- Phoenix`s Supernova
Additionally some skills and items allow heroes to damage themselves or allies. Dying in this way is also considered a deny.
- Abaddon`s Mist Coil
- Alchemist`s Unstable Concoction
- Bane`s Nightmare
- Pudge`s Rot
- Pugna`s Life Drain
- Techies` Blast Off!
- Bloodstone`s Pocket Deny
The experience bounty from a hero kill depends on the killed hero`s level and the difference in total team experience.
L = Killed Hero`s Level
HeroXP = Total XP of the Killed hero
ETXP = Enemy team`s total XP
TXP = Your team`s total XP
XPDiff = (ETXP - TXP) / (ETXP + TXP) (minimum 0)
XPF = XPDiff ⃗ HeroXP
E = Extra hero kill experience, listed in the table below as Hero Experience
- 1 Hero: 18 ⃗ L + 0.1242 ⃗ XPF + E
- 2 Heroes: 13.5 ⃗ L + 0.1242 ⃗ XPF + E/2
- 3 Heroes: 9 ⃗ L + 0.108 ⃗ XPF + E/3
- 4 Heroes: 6.3 ⃗ L + 0.081 ⃗ XPF + E/4
- 5 Heroes: 4.5 ⃗ L + 0.0648 ⃗ XPF + E/5
Hero Experience Table
Explanation of each of the columns:
- Level: The level of the hero.
- Experience Required: The amount of experience that a hero at the prior level with 0 experience must accumulate to achieve this level.
- Cumulative Experience: The minimum total experience a hero must accumulate during a game to be at the indicated level.
- Hero Kill Experience: The base amount of experience given by killing a hero, it is split among all allied heroes of the killing unit within 1300 range. This value does not include the bonus experience that hero kills also give.
- Unit Kill Experience: The base amount of experience given by killing a unit, it is split among all allied heroes of the killing unit within 1300 range. This value is 50% less if the killed unit counts as a summoned unit.
|Hero Experience Table|
|Level||Experience Required||Cumulative Experience||Hero Kill Experience||Unit Kill Experience|
XP Gain Talent Effectiveness
Some Heroes have Level 10 or Level 15 Talents that increase the amount of experience gained. The following tables show how much less experience is required to get to a certain level by taking that talent.
|Level 10 Talent|
|Level 15 Talent|
This table shows how many levels worth of XP the talents gains at level 25 EG. 30% talent @ level 15 earns 4081 experience, which is level 25 with level 23.45 worth of experience. Therefore, it gains 1.55 levels.
|Levels Gained at Level 25|
|% Talent |
|20% @ 10||1.44|
|25% @ 10||1.75|
|30% @ 10||2.03|
|35% @ 10||2.33|
|20% @ 15||1.10|
|25% @ 15||1.34|
|30% @ 15||1.55|
|35% @ 15||1.76|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|